Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"It looks like Jim Kane is at it again".

You better believe I am. I have received over 150 emails about this new CD collection. The Save Our Music Foundation formed about 9 months ago. The reason it was formed was the anger generated by the radio stations eliminating our music from the 50s & 60s. As many of you already know, I have a great love of "our" music ! I was asked to help put together this collection, so that the lovers of this music would have something to play when they are in their cars. No commercials, no three dollar bills programing music, No kids (who weren't even born then) choosing what I would listen to. Here's the deal - Remember "Rate the Record" on American Bandstand"? "I give it a 92 - It had a good beat, It was easy to dance to, and I could sing along with the record." That's how we chose the songs for this collection. Ever pull up next to an old fart, with his window! rolled up, singing away without a care in the world? I guarantee you he wasn't rapping or screaming out a heavy metal lyric. It was probably an oldie , which brought back a very happy memory. I went to bat for you guys, so that you would have an opportunity to buy this collection wholesale. I know many of you still remember the good times we had listening and dancing to this music back then. Well I had a lot of imput in the song selections, so if you don't like the songs - you can blame me. I don't remember too many of you missing a Boys Club dance back in the 60s. Well this is where I first heard these songs. I know you will remember the songs, just as I do. So now you know the whole story of the "Road Trip - Six Pack" Collection.
Have a Great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home